Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lippies!

I've recently made some "impulse buys". 

I have a soft spot for lipsticks/lip care products especially. 

Anyway, before I get started on the lipstick/balms I bought, I just want to show off the ring below.

It costs a whopping... S$10. The most expensive accessory I've gotten for myself in a long time. :/

It looks kinda "genuine" in real life. The photo doesn't do it justice.

But obviously the fake crystals have very poor cutting when you scrutinise it. Haha... Not complaining though.  


Now let me show you my current collection of lip products. Nothing compared to other people's collections of Diors and YSLs, but I think my collection still rocks!


Revlon's ColorBurst™Lip Butter, ZA's Pure Shine Lips, Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable™Balm Stain, Etude House's  Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk & Dear My Jelly Lips-Talk, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Mentholatum Waterlip Balm and Body Shop's 2012 Christmas Collection Vanilla Bliss and Cranberry Joy



Ok, I didn't get all of those at once. It was a gradual collection. But I did get a few within the span of a week. 

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 080 Strawberry Shortcake, ZA Pure Shine Lips in 08 Shell Pink, Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 090 Sweet Tart and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey Douce

Etude House's Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk in PK006 (or 8... can't remember and can't see it well now), Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait and Etude House's Dear My Jelly Lips-Talk in JOR203.

I would have gotten more, if not for the fact that my husband frowns upon such impractical buys. And to be honest, I haven't actually managed to finish any lip product since I started buying them years ago. I just buy and buy, and once they get watery due to months of neglect or once I realised they have been lying in my make-up box/bag for more than a year without getting used, I'll usually throw them away. 

So I do take his disapproval as a form of control when I itch to get a newly launched lip product.

In the past, I'd usually stick to lip balms due to my very dry lips. This is because the lipsticks used to be too thick and drying for my liking. 

The first time I fell in love with a lipstick was when Revlon launched their range of Lip Butters.


The one that got me in love is the shade 025 Peach Parfait (about S$12-16, I can't remember). I am subscribed to Jen's (frmheadtotoe) youtube videos. She introduced that particular shade in one of her videos. So once it was available in Singapore market, I got it immediately.

It was and still is really good.

Creamy texture with an iridescent golden sheen with glitters in a perfect peachy shade. It matches my skin tone and lip colour really well. I could wear it with any clothing, with any colour, and look more radiant with it. 

I don't have to worry about it drying up on my lips or if it will sink into the lines and make my lips look old and wrinkly. None of that! It nourishes my lips well and keeps them hydrated. Even if my lips are very dry with flaky skins, it would cover that up perfectly. It will not make it even more obvious like most lipsticks do. 

Although the glitters will often stick to my lips even after eating and wiping my mouth, causing tiny flecks of shiny spots on my lips, I don't mind it at all.

It's one lipstick I've been constantly using since I bought it. Every time I need to brighten up my lips/face, I will almost always go back to this trusty, lovely and creamy lipstick that feels almost like a shea butter lipbalm. There's only about a centimetre of it left. Once I finish it, I will definitely purchase it again. :D


The other two shades of Lip Butter are very creamy too. But because they are matte colours, it's rather difficult for me to wear them when my lips are in their dry state, which is almost every day. If I want to wear these two shades, I'll have to put on lip balm first, then the lipstick. Or, one of my tricks is to put a layer of that creamy lipstick, wipe it off along with the flaky skins, and then reapply it once all the dry skins have been removed. Tada! :)

Also, these two shades are slightly more difficult to match my clothings, so I seldom get to wear them out.


I will skip the other lipsticks and introduce my latest purchase from Etude House:


Dear My Jelly Lips-Talk in JOR203. Priced at about S$18.

Again, this was introduced by Jen (frmheadtotoe) in one of her recent videos. *sheepish smile*

I know... I am easily convinced to buy products I see others rave about. :P

But I trust her because the products she's been introducing, have been really just as good as what she's said in her videos! 

This shade looks scary, I know. So red and orangey it seems too loud to be worn on a daily basis. But the lipsticks in this collection are just like their names, jelly-ish... meaning to say, they are sheer!

It glides on so easily and smoothly it feels as if you're sliding jelly across your lips. The colour although is sheer, is quite pigmented. You can also build up on the colour and make it darker. It's very moisturising in a different way from Revlon's lip butters. Not creamy, but you can still feel very moisturised once you apply it. I loved it the moment I tried it on for the first time.

It's also been said to leave a tint behind even after eating. I haven't been able to observe that yet... but it will be great if that's true! 

The Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk lipstick (same price as Jelly Lips) is like the other two shades of Revlon Lip Butters, great and moisturising, but slightly difficult to wear due to it being a matte colour. Nothing a lip balm can't fix though. It's also slightly easier to match this colour to my clothing. So I'd still recommend this if your lips are not as flaky and dry as mine. Mine might even crack and bleed on bad days. So I doubt most people are having it as bad as me... Therefore, these matte lipsticks might work really well for you guys. ;)


Lastly, these two lip balms are da bomb!

I got Mentholatum's Waterlip (about S$6-7 at Watsons) a while ago and have been wearing it to sleep every night. There will still be a layer of it on my lips in the morning, which is good for me as it acts as a layer of protection while I sleep. It feels light on the lips and yet very moisturising. I would totally recommend this. Plus, there's no particular smell to this lip balm. 

Unlike Burt's Bees' Honey Lip Balm. It's priced at S$8 at Sephora... and it stinks! But I have to say it does moisturise very well. I am trying it now, applying it to sleep. There is no layer on my lips when I wake up in the morning, but my lips aren't dry. They are still quite soft and supple. So it's really good too. Except that it stinks so bad. 


Ok, phew. That's it for this post. It's getting too long.

I hope my post will be helpful to whoever might be searching for more information about those products. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment