Sunday, May 5, 2013

Of early morning confusion.

It was at night and I was in a car with a few others.

Someone else was driving and we were looking for a parking spot up on a hill.

There was a big event going on and the spots were all taken.

I suddenly remembered that I was there the previous night and had seen empty spots at a car park behind a building that's up on the hill. The area was very quiet and not many people knew about that place. I recalled vividly that I had walked down the hill last night, all by myself.

So I told them about it and we were on a lookout for that place because I couldn't remember the exact location and how to get there.

Just as I saw the building, I found myself back in my bed, still grabbing onto my handphone with my right hand as I fell asleep while playing a game.

I opened my eyes, saw the clock on the wall... It was 7.45am.

It shocked me.

The husband was still soundly asleep next to me.

I thought to myself, "Oh my goodness! It's so late already and he's still in bed?!"

I shook him. He woke up and looked at me with a quizzical expression on his face.

I stared at the clock on the wall behind him.

He turned to look, looked back at me with puzzlement.

I asked, "Isn't it Monday today?"

He stared at me blankly.

I looked at my handphone, which was still in my hand...

The screen lit up and showed: Sunday, 5 May.

"Oh, it's Sunday... Not Monday."

Deep annoyance flashed across his face and he turned to face the other side.

I began to snigger... and tried very hard to stifle my laughter.

He turned around and told me to stop 'cause he wants to go back to sleep.

I laughed harder. I couldn't believe what I just did.

I put down my handphone and realised my right hand was aching due to the fact that I was holding onto it throughout the night (not the first time I held onto something for the entire night haha).

Both of us went back to sleep eventually.

When he woke, he told me he loves me a lot. Just not on this morning.

LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment