Saturday, May 18, 2013

Time waits for no one.

My eldest paternal uncle had recently just passed away after many years of poor health.

Two days ago, I got to know that my 3rd paternal uncle has 4th stage cancer and will be undergoing surgery.

These unfortunate events serve as reminders to me that life is really unpredictable and time waits for no one.

We always think we have lots of time with our loved ones. In fact, we don't.

Especially not with our parents.

As we grow older, they get older too.

My parents had my brother and I in their late twenties/early thirties. This means, as an adult, I have lesser time with them than most people whose parents are younger. Not taking into consideration on unexpected deaths.

I just wanna try my best to spend more time with them, making up for the lost time when I was in my teenage years.. rebellious, hateful and immature.

I'll never be able to make up for the heartaches that I had caused them.

But I just wanna make sure they don't have to worry and are happy now that I am older and is capable of taking care of them and providing for them as much as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment