Monday, November 19, 2012

Ideals.

Yesterday, he asked me what would I want to do if money is out of the picture, if money is not an issue.

We listened to this video in which an old man was saying that it is stupid to work for money our entire life and to teach our children the same way of living. I agree. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

However, as much as I wanna pursue that idealistic way of living (of being in a "job" because of passion and not money)... I cannot.

I have my responsibilities to take care of. My parents. Our home. And my parents, they are getting old... fast. I want to let them live comfortably...

So as much as I hate to work for money, I have to. Unless I find a job that I really enjoy a lot and yet earn enough money to fulfill my duties and to live a comfortable life.

For most people, to be able to find that kind of job... is like being able to strike lottery. The chances are really low.

I'm on the lookout. Crossing my fingers.

Ok, back to his question. For a moment I didn't know how or what to answer him.

Then he said he would like to write a book. That reminded me of what I like to do.

If money is not an issue, and I have zero responsibilities to take care of.... I will:

  • Make handicrafts to sell - bags, pouches, toys, etc.
  • Paint (even though I'm nowhere at the professional level)
  • Take a risk and open a shop 
I will also learn more languages. 

The rat race is not for me. So if I can, I will take any chance to get out of it and do things that I love.

Yet, reality and ideals often cannot meet/match-up.

I will however, do my best in reality and slowly work my way to achieve my ideals? :P

10 years, I am giving myself 10 years. It will never be too late to fulfill my wishes/goals. As long as I am able to do so in this lifetime, I'll be satisfied with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment