Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Short-term goals

I was feeling really upset just now.

I think it was out of frustration.

My Sims character is currently pregnant. My bad, because I made them try for a baby... not knowing it's a "guaranteed deal". Thought it would take at least a few tries.

Well, only the husband Sims is working now. Take home pay is $40/hour. The shower was stolen by a burglar. Had to build a room for the baby... buy a cot, high chair and books on pregnancy.

All that cost so much now my Sims are almost broke.

It reminded me of reality.

I felt that everything was out of my control. As much as I am doing my best, I can't seem to catch up with the natural progression of life.

He wants a baby, in real life. I used to want a baby when I was much younger. But right now? No.

Why not?
  1. Our home is not ready yet and when it's ready, we need money for furniture and renovation.
  2. We're not earning enough yet. I want to be able to provide a decent sum of money for my mother before I even think about having a baby.
  3. He's not ready in my opinion.
  4. I am not ready.
  5. I am not confident I can be a good mother.
  6. I want my freedom, as selfish as this may sound. I still want to travel to countries I've never been before... 
  7. I want to get into a new job and settle down in it comfortably.
  8. It's a huge commitment and it's for life. 24/7. It's going to be tiring.
And there are so many more considerations that we have to think about.

That will have to take the backseat for now. 

I just want to fulfill my short-term goals for now.
  • Get a new job and settle in it.
  • Exercise more and join a marathon.
  • Learn a new skill or take up a new course.
I will achieve these goals within these two years. I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment